Sunday, September 06, 2009

Family Fun

We loaded up on family for the last two weeks. First Mr. Man's mom and step-dad, then my brother and sister-in-law and finally my sister and her cute little family. They literally overlapped their stays... we felt so spoiled to have constant company and we tried to make the best of each group's visit. We ate good food, played lots of games, enjoyed splashing and relaxing in the hot tub, checked out the campus, explored the beautiful mountains and trails around us, went raspberry and corn picking and much more! Mr. Man also got help with a few house projects from unsuspecting visitors {insert evil laugh here}!!!


Grandma & Grandpa:


Uncle & Auntie:


























Cousins:

Now I'm preparing myself for the lonelies. I sent my third child off to school last week and I am inconsolably sad about it. I'm hoping I can get through it and not do something drastic like pull him out and homeschool him (always at the back of my mind as he cries the whole walk to school).

Neither one of us is crying... but we have that same "holding it all in" fake smile.
I mean just look at his sweet little (very young) face as he waves me goodbye on that precious of all "first day of school." I can hardly handle this.

This week I have a small list of projects to tackle with just The Toddler around for company, and am also hoping to make a friend or two (though I KNOW, it will take me a year to get settled in here!) Am also going to start planning our ten year anniversary trip and apply to school (yes, it's my turn now!) So hopefully I'll stay busy and happy in my empty house.

Thanks everyone for coming!

6 comments:

Shawny said...

Just think of all the fun you will have at home decorating and doing project, not to mention going back to school! I think you'll adjust well...may just take a little time!

Laura said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! What a beautiful place. Sorry Kindergarten was so emotional! I was that way when Gracie went.

Amy said...

It is always so fun to have family come and visit. You look like you had so much fun

I love what you wrote about sending your baby to kindergarten. If Cambria would have cried I would have said, "okay honey, I'll home school you." It seemed to be just the oppositte though. SHe cried when I came to pick her up.
You should take your anniversary trip to Mesquite!

Jennifer said...

the "lonelies" truly are a bummer...

Carla said...

Oh you poor little empty nester! I feel for you. But, once you become RS Pres. you won't have to work so hard to fill your time. ;) It looks like you guys have settled in a BEAUTIFUL place!

Mamabug said...

Three in school - I can't believe it! I will have 3 in school next year - I am not sure how I feel about that.

Do you want to finish your English degree or try something else?

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...