Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Everyone has their "stuff"

Today I listened to a fellow classmate, a young'un, describe the breakdown she had earlier this morning.  I watched tears stream down her cheeks as she admitted that she just didn't think she could do it anymore.  School was asking too much of her; overwhelming and tearing her apart.  This is the start of week two of classes for the semester.  I felt for her. I have been there; I have felt similar feelings, and I know how debilitating they can be even as those around you assure that you are capable, competent, and qualified.  Another classmate at our table, commented that he would never ever express such feelings in front of me since I was probably thinking, "I do all that AND I have 2 kids!"  He's wrong.  I actually have four kids.  But in all honesty I interjected that he shouldn't ever feel that way.  We are all busy, we all have lives to live, and we all have our stuff.  

Lots on my mind... 
  • Sometimes our stuff is physical, other times financial, emotional or even spiritual
  • When our stuff becomes overwhelming
  • My stuff is your stuff and your stuff is my stuff
However, I need to get jumping on homework and do a costco run before I pick up the kiddos and do piano lessons, taekwondo, dinner... you know, stuff.

Amidst the stuff in life, remember to smile... this should help:

!

2 comments:

Miss C said...

thanks i needed this post

Anne Marie said...

Very wise indeed.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...