Saturday, September 22, 2007

Saturday is a Special Day!

We had a very full, busy and fun day! Mr. Man started out his day before the sun was up and left to participate in the Hoosier Hills Bike Tour. He has been riding for 1-2 hours almost every day this summer and really enjoyed the challenging 100 km hilly ride he was on today (which only took him 4 hours 4 minutes with one flat tire)! While he was gone burning calories, the kids and I went and watched Big J’s soccer game and then headed across town for the boys’ soccer practice (I’m SOOOO glad they can be on pretty much all the same teams/activities due to their blessed 13 month age difference). We were enjoying our lunch of PB&J sandwiches and yummy pumpkin bars when Daddy called, out of breath, to say he was on his way home!

We didn’t rest nearly long enough and soon left to go to a nearby apple orchard. (I did catch a few winks on the drive there – Mr. Man was just thankful he didn’t have to peddle and the drive was relaxing for him too!) The trees were the perfect height for the kids and they had such a blast picking. Mr. T kept inspecting every apple he picked to make sure it was perfect, and I hate to say he threw the ones that weren’t quite so on the ground to be sold as seconds! Little E however, discovered the true jackpot – a whole slew of apples on the ground under a tree! He tried to carry as many as he could – even in his shirt! We had a wonderful time as a family, and I hope to make this a new tradition.

When we returned home we had a great time making applesauce with my fabulous applesauce maker! It’s like magic – the guck (skin, core) come out one end and the applesauce warm and sweet out the other. The kids really enjoyed helping with this, and we enjoyed delicious applesauce (with some leftovers) for dinner.

Tonight I am uploading all the fun pictures from our apple adventure while I should be working on my sharing time for primary tomorrow. I suppose I don’t want the day to end… I feel very content.

9 comments:

Jodie said...

So fun! We had a fun-filled apple weekend as well. I'm glad we didn't borrow your applesaucer! :) Super cute pictures.

Anne Marie said...

You look fabulous. I can't believe you just had a baby a month ago!! What a great day. Fall is such a great time of year to be outside.

Ally said...

Everyone is visiting the apple orchard this summer. Guess we better check it out too. I'm anxious to try the great applesauce maker!
Tell Mr. M congrats on his bike tour. That's a huge accomplishment. I'm impressed!

Shawny said...

Okay! All this apple picking and sauce making is making me crave fresh applesauce! What a fun day of cherished memories Renee.

LollyGirl said...

sounds like a great day and such a fun family outing! I love outings with the whole family and wish more days could be like that--daddy's have to work too many days for my liking. micah's dream is to implement the 4 day work week.

singin'mama said...

Wow! I'm always impressed with the family activities you guys pull off. It's hard enough with two! How fun! This is my favorite time of the year too.

libbie said...

Sounds fun! My favorite is your aloha apron! Sure brings back memories!

Amy said...

Reading all your enteries makes me miss you so much!
I wish we were still close by each other to share all our adventures.

My Many Coloured Days said...

Libby - I wondered if you would recognize the apron!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...