Friday, December 29, 2006

Variations of Luke 2



Our family acts out the Christmas story on Christmas Eve – here are some particularly memorable and humorous excerpts:

On their travels, Mary was in Joseph’s way: “Mary! MOVE!”

Joseph, leaning over to whisper in Mary’s ear at the stable after giving birth – he is already straddling the donkey: “Mary! Mary! Mary, I have to go somewhere, I’ll be right back!”

The shepherd was overly enthusiastic about having his sheep talk to baby Jesus (right in His face!) and Mary was not impressed: “Shepherd! My baby is allergic to your sheep!”

The shepherd ran away for a bit and returned “in a minute” with a favourite toy: “I got Muck! Muck’s here now!”

When it was getting a little too tedious to read from the good book, we started to ad lib... As the wise man, I pointed to the light above the manger and said, “I see a bright star over there!” Mr. Man continued to narrate, but Mary stopped us “STOP! Is it a red light? Is it Rudolph? Mom, what are you seeing?”


Needless to say, our reenactment could use some help… but it is definitely a fun Christmas Eve tradition!

3 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Very cute! Your kids are so imaginative.

Kristy said...

That is very fun. I love the variations!

Michelle said...

ha! you should really try and get this published in the Friend or something. hilarious!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...