Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Dreamer that I am, I look forward to the day when I get to decorate my Christmas tree the way I want to. I want it to be gorgeous, elegant and classy. I want it to be co-ordinated, themed and I would love it to stay that way throughout the whole Christmas season. Nowadays I hand out the ornaments – which are about two-thirds homemade by little hands, and cannot wait till the little ones are in bed so I can rearrange and even out the ornaments. Somehow when they awaken, and every day thereafter, the kids have the same idea – and no matter how hard I fight this battle, I always seem to lose. You see, there are three of them and only one of me. Three little people creating numerous new ornaments and “things” to place on our tree; six little hands that feel the need to swaddle and then relocate each handmade crafted delicacy on a much too frequent basis. Three little souls, who love Christmas so much and adore being a part of it with all their hearts that I can’t bear to put an end to it. Someday, I suppose, we’ll have to just have two trees. As promised, here is a picture of our tree this year. Yes, it blocks the entire passage way between the dining area and front room! Note the angel is at the bottom of the tree – not the top!


We are really excited for Christmas at our house and I am thrilled to experience the morning of with our children – they are at such great ages! Little E is our knight in shining armour and looks absolutely adorable as he attempts daily to scare us and be ferocious! (Please don't mistaken the dagger in his hand for a medicine dropper!) Mr. T has been loving his preschool and I nearly died when I went to see his Christmas program last week! He did his part so well and it was really special! (Note he is standing beside a mini-Christmas tree he brought home with about a dozen handmade ornaments to add to our collection!!!) Big J is starting to get better and that is GREAT NEWS! We hope that by Christmas morning she will be able to breathe, smell and hear once again!


Merry Christmas to all!

2 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Merry Christmas! I've given up on the idea of having a fancy Christmas tree. I think kids feel really great about themselves and the season if they can be a part of decorating the tree. It looks beautiful. Your kids are so imaginative.

Kristy said...

Very cute! I love your tree just the way it is. :)

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...