Tuesday, November 13, 2012

T.M.I

Our poor cat is quite lonely these days.

George Lucas, "Lukey" for short, is the only one who is a stay-at-home anything anymore.

Recently he's gotten a little annoying, so I decided to start an experiment based on my educational studies.  Basically, I presumed that since he wasn't getting as much attention, he was becoming one of those troublemakers who would rather receive negative attention than nothing.  So I decided that every time I walked in the door, I would sit down and give him several minutes of petting and attention.

One night, while prepping for dinner, I was explaining my plan to Mr. Man and Miss J, the middle-schooler.
(Yes, my baby is all grown up and not wanting me to take pictures of her as much!)
 In the middle of my explanation Miss J suddenly freaked out, yelling "T.M.I. Mom... T.M.I."

I was confused, and stated as such.  Which she took to mean that I obviously am not fluent in text language and quickly explained that T.M.I meant "too much information."

I knew what it meant, just not why my saying I was working on Skinner's behaviorism techniques with the cat and expected that he would soon be greeting me at the door merited such a reaction.  Apparently, my poor daughter thought I had said I would soon be "mating" with him (vs. meeting him).  Mr. Man and I had a good laugh about that one.  Seriously, gross.  Definitely T.M.I.

Miss J recently had an 80s activity to attend at her school.  We had fun putting her look together, and most importantly, she had a great time. Apparently leggings are back in now... who knew?  I didn't even think to shop for them and instead cut the sleeves off an old sweater.

If only I had looked that cute in the 80s!  We may be putting this gorgeous gal into hiding soon.
You should hear her on the piano!  We cannot keep this girl from practicing.  She's also enjoying choir and band at school, and we recently attended a concert and have a recital coming up this week.


Miss J has got quite a few regulars for babysitting jobs these days.  Last weekend I went shopping with her at the mall.  She had a birthday gift to purchase for a friend, and then splurged a little on herself as well.  It was interesting to see as she came home and realized what little money she had left and then asked if we could go back and return some "unnecessary items."  Geeze.  I love this girl.  She's basically amazing.

4 comments:

Miss C said...

wow, i can not believe how grown up she is!

Memories On The Go said...

Indeed you have an "amazing" daughter! You are such a great Mom to see all the good in her :)

Unknown said...

She is just like her Mom: wonderful, beautiful, and spunky!

Anne Marie said...

She's grown so much! Welcome Back! I'm trying to get motivated to blog myself. There are definitely seasons to our mothering, aren't there? So bittersweet as things change. Wishing you a very happy holiday season.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...