Monday, November 12, 2012

Changing Seasons

I've been contemplating this post, and the huge implications of having an online blog again, for over a month. (Cue way out-of-date picture of Little J playing in the leaves.)  My mental list of pros and cons is incapacitating.  I'm kind of shy - believe it or not.  And putting myself out there, all of me, has had the potential to put me in awkward places, have my feelings hurt, and ultimately feel more vulnerable than I ever expected.  I know, I know... I choose what I post, but I don't think I ever recognized the power of my words and the surprisingly forceful impact of having them thrown back in my face.

But I also miss it.  I miss blogging.  I promised I would continue journaling, even if I wasn't blogging, but I haven't.  I miss looking back on pictures, precious moments, and pieces of my many coloured days.
Recently I was working on a school project where I was supposed to record some overheard conversations.  I simply went back to my blog, searched "overheard" and had a plethora of choices to use in my assignment. I also had a bunch of memories to relish in, and the reminder that I have too many more "overheards" that are going un-recorded.

I've tried to make an effort to keep caught up with close friends and family - and boy is that hard. I'm blessed to have so many of you!  My life is so different now than when I was a stay-at-home mom with stay-at-home kids.  It's a changing season for me, and for our family; I want to treasure this season.

 And so, I'm going to keep blogging.  Ugh.  :)


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Best news of the day!!!

Kerri said...

You don't know me, but welcome back! I found your blog and read it for a good couple years and really enjoyed it. I admired you for being so honest about the ups and downs you had more recently been having. And I even make my kids Ground Hog Day bagels because of your cute idea. It took me a few months to realize that you hadn't posted. When I went to your blog and found it was private I was so disappointed. I'm excited to hear from you again!

Camie said...

YAY!! I was literally just thinking of you today! Speaking of changing seasons---how did you handle the time when half your kids were in school all day and half were at home all day? I'm having a hard time being motivated to do all the fun things I did at home with the first two. I just want to be productive all day and not be a good mom to my little people. Help!!

ps--welcome back!! so great to hear from you!

Debbi said...

We are travelling similar paths- as we always seem to do. "I'll show you mine if you keep showing me yours", okay. :) Onwards and upwards into the world of blogging....again.

Miss C said...

so excited that you are blogging again, your blogs inspire me, as well as let me see how you and your family are doing so far away. thank you for blogging!

The Wilsons said...

Oh, I'm so glad! I know that you truly inspire many with your words and experiences, the good and the bad. I truly hope that you receive happiness and uplift from your blog, and not hurt! And I hope that you don't mind that I'll keep "stopping by"--I love reading your blog!!! You are amazing!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...