Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Last Day of School




Last Thursday was the kids last day of school (Wednesday for Little J).

I was fine until one of Mr. T's teachers started crying as she hugged each child goodbye as they exited the door of her classroom for the last time this school year. Geeze.

Teachers gifts and communication in regards to what my kids should work on during the summer was complete (yes, I MAKE my kids do school work all year long), and all my kids passed with flying colours. (I have had such a great relationship with a couple of these teachers, and just LOVE when that happens!)

Last year we got together with a couple of friends at the neighborhood park on the last day of school for what we called our "ice cream social." This year the kids asked if we were going to continue the tradition (one year and it's a tradition?) It's an easy activity to co-ordinate and so we made some calls, bought some ice cream and had everyone bring a favourite topping. Aside from being cold and eventually being rained out, it was a hit! I think we had 40-50 people and I can see this tradition continuing and growing! Such a fun way to say goodbye to the school year and start out summer. (I need to take more pictures next year, but I was pretty busy scooping ice cream!)
Now we're on to summer fun (I have just one more week of school to go!)

No chores... just roomopoly (hee hee).

Pray for the sun to come visit us over here. Maybe come visit and bring it with you!

1 comment:

Memories On The Go said...

Great pictures of the kids with their teachers--wish I had done that. Love the tradition of the ice cream social--a smoother way to end school and begin summer!
Good to hear that 'Roomopoly' is alive and well!! And YES, we will be there soon and hope to bring the SUN with us :)

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...