Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Coming Home

As some of you know, I made the trek back "home" for my best friend's wedding. I am still exhausted from all the traveling, but it was so worth it to see her married for time and all eternity and then to exit the temple with her new husband, triumphant - and wearing cowboy boots too! I'm so happy for her happiness. She deserves this.
Of course it was also a wonderful opportunity to catch up with longtime friends whom I haven't seen in forever (except on facebook!!!) Crazy to think that the last time we were together was the night before I was to be married - almost 10 years ago.

We've really matured since then!!!
Seriously though... love these girls!
With all that we've been through, it was such a beautiful moment to be there for her wedding. Can't even express all the thoughts and memories that went through me while I was there.
Perhaps, though, you have to leave home to really appreciate and recognize it for what it is. Because while I loved being with all the friends and family that made up my weekend, there's nothing like coming home. And home was not there. It's hard for me to acknowledge that this new town and state are my home, but home is where my family is. I'm so glad I have my little family, and am still so much in love with my Mr. Man.

6 comments:

Anne Marie said...

What a great opportunity to be part of such a beautiful moment in somebody's life and catch up with dear friends.

Lily said...

You look beautiful. What a celebration of love for your friend to be married... in the temple and surrounded by her best friends.

I wanted to mention how much I love the previous post photo and story. You little girl is inspiring- powerful and beautiful like her mommy.

Amy said...

How fun to go home for a your best friend's wedding. It is always strange and good to realize that home is with your family.

Laura said...

I'm so happy for you that you got to do that! And I sure remember the day you were married! What sweet memories!

Missy said...

What a wonderful time to be alive.
That is such a beautiful picture of you two as newlyweds! Love it! And I know what you mean about making your own new home. It's a little uncomfortable at first... but it just gets better and better.

Brooke said...

Aww! I'm so glad you got to go back!!!! It looks like you had so much fun!!! I hope you are doing well!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...